Sunday, September 4, 2011

“My God, your Glory”

I often compare the Church Catholic to the shards of glass that make up a stained class window - broken, yet beautiful, loved, and wanted just the way it is. Reflecting on that image, I can’t help but recall these words from Sister Maria Gabriella Sagheddu. The Trappist nun was a profound believer in the Unity of all Believers, calling us to put first things first – namely, Jesus Christ and Him crucified for us. She offered herself unto Christ during the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in 1938, and was taken Home 15 months later. She was beatified in 1983 by Pope John Paul II.

In simplicity of heart I gladly offer everything, O Lord.
The Lord put me on this path, He will remember to sustain me in battle.
To His mercy I entrust my frailty.
I saw in front of me a big cross… I thought that my sacrifice was nothing in comparison to His.
I offered myself entirely and I do not withdraw the given word.
God’s will whatever it may be, this is my joy, my happiness, my peace.
I will never be able to thank enough.
I cannot say but these words: “My God, your Glory.”

- Bl. Maria Gabriella of Christian Unity

No comments:

Post a Comment